This course deals with various aspects of modern information visualisation.
The topics are:
- Data abstraction: types of data and of datasets
- Which visualisation for which task?
- Validating visualisations
- Display and visual perception
- Visualisation channels (colour, size, shape, angle,…)
- Tabular data: lists, matrices, tensors
- Spatial data: scalar, vector and tensor fields
- Networks and trees
- Link between machine learning and visualisation
- Reducing items and attributes: clustering, feature selection, and dimensionality reduction
- Interactive visualisation
- Multiple views
- Advanced topics in visualisation